Final Exam, 200 Points
1 drawing, 5 total questions
Step 1: Create a new page on your blog.
Here are the steps:
1. Login to Blogger
2. In dropdown menu select pages (this is the button to the right of pencil)
3. Select “New Page”
4. Select “Blank Page” (this page looks like a post)
5. Title the page “ Art 2 Final Portfolio”
6. Upload 5 artworks that best represent the questions asked. (Questions are found on “For the Blog Page” see below for instructions)
7. When you have completed the Final select “Publish”
8. When it says “Show Page As?”
9. Select the drop down that says “Don’t Show”
10. Select “Top Tabs”
11. Select the Orange “Save Arrangement”
12.Select “View your Blog” on the top left row, and make sure there is a Tab at the top that says “Art 1 Final Portfolio”
Now finish sections A and B, then publish and email me the link at firstname.lastname@example.org _______________________________________________________________________
A. Artwork & Reflection, 50 points
Look through your sketchbook and find a drawing that you think you could improve on. Do the drawing over, talking you time and making it your best work. Media is your choice.
Artwork is a full page and demonstrates the best of your ability.
1. How does the comparison of the two drawings show how you have grown as an artist during this class? Explain how this work shows the development of your art making skills.
B. Essay Questions, 150 points. Pick four of the following questions and answer in paragraph form.
2. How did you apply what you learned in Art 1 to successfully complete the Identity Project? Talk about your knowledge of materials and what you’ve learned about working with themes.
3. What was your most successful project this semester? Describe the project and your work, then explain why you picked it.
4. Do over - what was a project this semester you would change if you could? Describe the project and your work, including what you didn’t like about the work, then explain what you could have done differently to improve the result.
5.Discuss a project where you felt you overcame obstacles. What were those obstacles and how to work through them?
6. How did taking risks or challenging yourself make you a better artist this semester? Explain how with examples from your work.
7. What is a media that you enjoyed working with this semester? Write about what the media was, explain why you liked it and give examples of work you created with it.
8. In some of the projects you worked on this year you had a lot of choice about what direction to take and what materials to use. Explain your thoughts on how effective this was (or if it was not) for you.
I Followed Directions Points
50 possible points in this section
Paragraph form, art vocabulary is used , pictures are included with each of the five questions.
100 possible points in this section
Level 3 - 60 points - your writing analyzes your work process honestly and explains your thinking clearly using art vocabulary. Your pictures provide visual evidence to support your writing.
“For this project I used oil pastels, and ended up gaining more proficiency then I had before..I learned that you can use the burnishing technique with oil pastels too.Not only does this make the colors look more vibrant but it also blends better if you apply it in layers.Using this technique I colored the flamingos pink with peach,yellow, red and white pastels.They blended well and and gave the flamingos a natural color.”
EMAIL a link to your blog to email@example.com
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm interested in creating a student student centered space for my high school students through choice and abundant opportunity for self expression. I'm also a writer for SchoolArts co-author of The Open Art Room.