1. What issue did you pick and why? Summarize your issue and explain why you selected it. (answer in paragraph form). - 30 points.
2. How did you plan? Show images of each of the three planning activities you completed. Include captions for each photo. - 20 points
3. How did you use media (art supplies), images and or text communicate about the issue you selected?. How effective is the work you produced? - 40 points
Include an image of your final artwork. (answer in paragraph form)
Craftsmanship, effort and usage of time - 10 points
100 points total
For this project you will pick a current issue - local, national, political or social - and use it as the starting point for a work of art. We'll also focus on process. Follow the steps below to plan and save all your work for posting on your blog.
1. Pick an issue an research.
- Develop a question to investigate through your artwork.
- Find at least 3 articles about your issue and read them.
- Know enough about your issue to explain it clearly to someone who doesn't know about it.
2. Plan - choose at least 3 of these planning activities.
- Find and print resource images.
- Use Pinterest to research.
What are some important issues that are relevant in our state?
What about our country?
What are some examples of current issues from other countries or issues that impact the world?
What issues do you think are important?
Pick one issue and use it as the focus of a two page journal entry. Include the following:
- text about your issue
- images related to your issue
- At least 3 layers
Why did you choose the material you decided to work with? What was unexpected or challenging about it?
What did you think about the experience of working with a material that was unfamiliar?
Did you enjoy working with unconventional materials? Why or why not?