AE.VA.I.V.3.2: Select media appropriate for communicating content.
What media did you choose for this artwork and why did you pick it? What did you intend to communicate in this artwork? How does the media you selected help communicate the message you intended? Is the piece successful? Why or why not?
What projects or units did you enjoy? What would you add or take away to make the class a better learning experience?
Answer each question with a short paragraph. Make sure to include an image for each question. Email your finished blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
effort and time management - 10 points
1. What issue did you pick and why? Summarize your issue and explain why you selected it. (answer in paragraph form). - 30 points.
2. How did you plan? Show images of each of the three planning activities you completed. Include captions for each photo. - 20 points
3. How did you use media (art supplies), images and or text communicate about the issue you selected?. How effective is the work you produced? - 40 points
Include an image of your final artwork. (answer in paragraph form)
Craftsmanship, effort and usage of time - 10 points
100 points total
For this project you will pick a current issue - local, national, political or social - and use it as the starting point for a work of art. We'll also focus on process. Follow the steps below to plan and save all your work for posting on your blog.
1. Pick an issue an research.
- Develop a question to investigate through your artwork.
- Find at least 3 articles about your issue and read them.
- Know enough about your issue to explain it clearly to someone who doesn't know about it.
2. Plan - choose at least 3 of these planning activities.
- Find and print resource images.
- Use Pinterest to research.
What are some important issues that are relevant in our state?
What about our country?
What are some examples of current issues from other countries or issues that impact the world?
What issues do you think are important?
Pick one issue and use it as the focus of a two page journal entry. Include the following:
- text about your issue
- images related to your issue
- At least 3 layers
Why did you choose the material you decided to work with? What was unexpected or challenging about it?
What did you think about the experience of working with a material that was unfamiliar?
Did you enjoy working with unconventional materials? Why or why not?
On your blog post the following:
- An image of your finished work and the work from the museum. Include the title in the captions.
- An artist statementthat explains which piece from the Museum’s collection you have chosen and how it inspired your work. 150-300 words.
- that reveal your creative process in the creation of your final artwork. These may include, but are not limited to: concept maps, preparatory sketches, edited drafts, storyboards, photographs of the work in progress, experiments in composition, medium, technique, style, etc.
Answer 3 of the following questions. Make sure you include the 3 required photos.
What challenges did you encounter as you worked on this project? How did you work with them or through them?
How did you find an idea and develop it?
How do you feel about the success of your final work? Did it turn out like you expected?
What did you like or not like about this assignment? It was very open-ended, did that work for you?
For your first blog post you will write about what you learned in Unit 1 and post photos of your work.
See the blog writing rubric for specifics on the level of writing I require. Remember to type your text in another document, like word or notes, then copy and paste it to your blog.
Directions for Posting
1. Log on to Weebly
2. Select "edit"
3. Select "new post"
4. Click and drag to add text and photos, making sure to save work if you need to finish it later.
5. When you finish select "post"
6. Next select "publish"
7. Email me the link to your site (found under "my sites") at email@example.com
Please write at least three sentences for each question and post photos of your work. Make sure to post images of your portrait and your surrealism project.
1. How have your artistic skills grown during the first few weeks of art?
2. How do you find inspiration and develop your ideas? What resources or strategies do you use?
3. What successes or challenges have you experienced so far in art 2?
Surrealism in art involves taking dream like images and making them look real. Here is some inspiration For this assignment you will:
- Create a one day surrealist collage.
- Make a surreal artwork in any medium of your choice.