Answer the following questions .as you watch the TED Talk 1. What are some ways artists steal? 2. In what circumstances is stealing okay?
Text + Image
Mini Assignment 1: Find an image in a magazine or newspaper and change it's meaning with different text.
Two in One - Assignment 2 Days 5 - 8 with critique and blog post on day 9
In this project you will combine two different elements to make one unique creation. This can include optical illusions and puns. For media, use any drawing supply or photoshop.
1. Create a Pinterest board with a least 20 pins about project ideas. Remember that images you research should be inspiration for your own original work. See my pins here. 2. Find and print resource images or bring in objects to draw from life. 3. Make 2 sketches of your idea. Work out composition and what materials you will use.
Must: - Combine two different elements. - Well made, your best effort.
Unit 1 Blog Post
For this blog post you will write about what you learned in Unit 1 and post photos of your work from any of the warm-ups or projects. See the blog writing rubric for specifics on the level of writing required. Remember to type your text in another document, like word or notes, then copy and paste it to your blog, so it isn't deleted if you forget to save.
Directions for Posting
1. Log on to Weebly
2. Select "edit"
3. Select "new post"
4. Click and drag to add text and photos, making sure to save work if you need to finish it later.
5. When you finish select "post"
6. Next select "publish"
Questions: An image should be included with each question, as well as at least 3 sentences of writing per question.
1. What new skills did you learn or what did you improve on during this unit?
2. How has your thinking about what original art is changed?
3. What challenges or successes did you have during this unit? Would you change anything you did if you could go back and re-do it?